Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Blogger wants your money

This made me laugh so much. A blogger called Mr Kottke wants people to pay him to blog full-time, as he has been blogging so long, since the Stone Age, and now he doesn't want to do his web design, so please give him a handout...

... he wants 30 dollars of each patron, and for that you get blog posts of this quality. I reproduce this below amid gales of laughter, I really truly cannot believe anyone would expect payment for this!

"Get on the bus

I'm a big fan of the Tube here in London, but I took a bus last night for the first time and I recommend the experience. You get a much better sense of the city than you do burrowing underground from place to place. If you can, get on one of the double decker ones (they also have the long accordian buses here, which I think are newish) and sit on the upper deck in the front. With the huge windshield in front of you (and not much else), you feel a little like you're floating around the city. Quite fun."

Using this post as a baseline for calculating the level of a contribution, then I think this corner of the blogosphere, Karbon, Claypot, Random Speak, Casser La Voix, and Not Rocket Science and Meat of the Matter would be requesting 5 figure donations...

Don't forget to check out Universal Plus and Universal Minus. The Universal Equation is currently at equilibrium, with 2 + items and 2 - items. Submit an entry and maybe you can topple the balance!

2 Comments:

Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

Yeah, let's all get in line to not send $ to Kottke.

I don't need no stinkin' contributions. But I would love some comments!

4:13 PM  
Blogger L said...

ooh ooh! I'll take money! I'll take money!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home