Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Pagoda Egg Rolls part 2

I didn't get much of a bite from the Schwan Pagoda Egg Roll People.

I sent them this message:

Message: hi there. this last weekend i had a celebration to mark my son's return home from the Yemen. Your pagoda egg rolls featured prominently in the food that was laid on, and after visiting the Schnucks website today and reading the recall notice, i am concerned that my guests may have eaten contaminated food.

I cannot find the packaging for the pagoda egg rolls. Could you confirm what the foreign material was and whether it has, or will have, any detrimental health effects, as i don't want to unnecessarily alarm the people who attended the party.

thank you

Mr Griffin
I received this reply:

Dear Customer;

Thank you for writing. We ask that you call us at 1-800-544-6855. Our office hours are from 7 am to 9 PM Central Time, Monday-Friday. We will be happy to go over any questions with you.

Again thank you for writing. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Customer Product Support



I have responded, instructing Schwan that I cannot communicate by telephone due to my hearing being impaired by injuries sustained during a riot at a Hootie and the Blowfish concert (a stampede for the exits). I will keep you updated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Claypot said...

Fantastic! Know what I feel reading these kind of posts? GLEE. Never even used that word before. I think it's some kind of reaction to pissing off 'the corporates'. My brother and his flatmates got food free for an entire college year by writing daily letters to various food companies complaining about products. I eagerly await the next instalment, to see how they deal with your 'hearing impairment'. There might be a Disability Discrimination letter in there...

12:20 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Well played! Thank you for explaining that your ear injury was aquired at the *stampede for the exits* at a Hootie concert. Heheh!

10:37 AM  
Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

and me, I'm still trying to figure out why the Schwan's (those are the food deliverers with the swan painted on the truck, right?) eggrolls are called Pagoda. Is pagoda Chinese? Why do I think it's Japanese?

11:37 AM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

moos,

i think the "pagoda" is the same logic that sees every other indian restaraunt in the United Kingdom named "The Taj Mahal"

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home