Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Pagoda Egg Rolls part 3

Today, I have sat down with a Herculean task in front of me. You see, Schwans have yet to respond to my latest email, which sets out just why I cannot contact them by telephone. Here it is:

Dear Schwans,

I am not able to call in, as I have a hearing impairment that I suffered at a Hootie and the Blowfish concert in 1996. Also, a friend, who is an attorney, advised me that I should conduct this
correspondence in writing only.

yours

Mr Griffin

Egg Rolls and Self-censorship

I was tempted to be much more forthright in my opinions, threaten legal action, etc. But I have had second thoughts. I will shortly be filing a petition to remain in the US, after my impending marriage, and I would hate for the Secret Services to nix my application on the basis that I have harrassed the manufacturer of the Pagoda Egg Roll. So, I have given in and resorted to self-censorship.

So, my Herculean task is to breathe life into the subject of Egg Rolls, by fair means or foul. Clutching my wand of power and snorting from my Doritos feedbag, I have scoured the internet in search of Egg Roll Treasure, and by golly, I think I have some for the good people of the world.

More Egg Roll related goodies.

My research took me to the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual wilderness that is www.rateitall.com - where a few lost souls have gathered to deposit word-dung on the subject of their relationship to egg rolls. Here are just a few of their fascinating comments:

5. minkeydude , on 1/4/2005 11:35:00 AM, said:

I never cared for the egg roll. What's all the stuff inside? It tastes pretty funny. It never stops me from grabbing one though and taking a bite or two and leaving it aside. There's some sort of mysterious pull to it.
(0 people found this comment helpful, 1 did not)
6. WarGamefan93 , on 10/13/2004 5:17:00 PM, said:

Beloved's right. Eggroll's are da boomb and the chicken ones are great.
(0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)
7. PTRoxieMisha , on 10/10/2004 1:25:00 PM, said:

The Chinese restaurant that I go to does not have very good egg rolls, but I have tasted some at other places that were decent. And I actually like the frozen ones a lot, especially shrimp ones.
(1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)
8. jazzybee , on 8/21/2004 1:45:00 PM, said:

This is my favorite part of the Chinese food buffet. I love egg rolls no matter where I go to eat chinese. If you like to fix egg rolls at home I suggest you try the Pagoda's. They taste just like you get them out of the restaurant if you fry them.
(0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)

If anyone is still awake, this web page also contains my favourite invitation of the year so far.

Click HERE to invite a friend to rate Egg Roll

In all seriousness, I found this amazing offer too much to turn down, so I have invited 5 lucky people to come along and rate Egg Roll too, and contribute just that little bit more to the world's store of knowledge.

Many thanks to KarbonKountyMoos for sharing her insightful opinions on the question of egg rolls.

2. karbonkountymoos , on 2/2/2005 11:31:00 AM, said:

Egg rolls are good - spring rolls are better. I make my own at home, since I am 50 odd miles from the closest Chinese restaurant,
(1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)

3 Comments:

Blogger Claypot said...

Wicked. From the sublime to the ridiculous. This blog just gets better and better. It's the detail. Still chuckling over Hootie and the Blowfish. And the fact that it is probably considered normal in the US to go to their concerts. I tried to join in the egg roll rating thing, but I hadn't the energy to go through the 'sign up here blah' procedure. Though for the record, I'm not sure I've ever eaten one. Are they like spring rolls but soggy? Ugh, why are spring rolls full of beansprouts? Are you really getting hitched? Congratulations.

5:59 AM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

There was going to be a line about my ears simply giving up their capacity to function and falling to the ground, an extreme though understandable reaction to hootie music. sad, they are not replying.

10:27 AM  
Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

I can't believe that someone found my comment helpful on rate-it-all. You don't suppose that they're going to show up here - since I admitted that I make egg rolls?

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home