Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Five things that mean a lot to me part one

Okay, another day and another series begins. Let me say it one last time, I will complete the series on Emerging Ancient Technologies, honestly. But today, I begin another series, and I'll start with a person who apparently doesn't even exist.

Or does he? I am referring to the conspiracy nut himself, the great Dale Gribble


I don't know whether most people think King of the Hill is juvenile, who knows (personally, I think it's one of the best written shows on TV, along with Spongebob Squarepants - amazing rhythms and vocal performances), but it is easily my favourite thing to watch on tv, and Dale Gribble is definitely my favorite character. With his basic lack of trustworthiness, his willingness to sell out his friends, and his far-fetched conspiracy theories, he's a man after my own heart.

My favorite Dale Gribble show - the episode where Dale is trying to be re-elected as chief of his gun club. Dale lets off a stray round and a huge ape-man muscles in on the election. Hank Hill (under an assumed name) then hires Dale as a soldier of fortune to help rebuild his confidence. The story climaxes with Dale ending the ape-man's siege at the gun club, and his pride and position as chief are duly restored. Pure gold!

*
Besides commenting on this post, people are urged/advised/welcome to drop the names of Something that Means a Lot to Them

8 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Something that means a lot to me is chocolate. Oh, and a good book too.

p.s. my favorite real-life conspiracy theorist is David Icke
http://randomspeak.blogspot.com/2004/11/is-george-bush-giant-space-lizard-just.html

9:01 PM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

Brilliant. You may be surprised, but I too like David Icke, and have directly seen a couple of famous persons manifesting as giant lizards. This happened to me PRIOR to my reading about David Icke's theories.

I will say it NOW, at risk to myself, but one of the Lizards is Tony Blair.

As for chocolate, I salute it as one of your favourite things. May chocolate live forever in your heart.

9:05 PM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

http://www.davidicke.net/newsroom/europe/england/2002/uk010902b.html

blair lizard ritual!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hmm, Friends mean a lot to me. I also think that it is really important to be very good friends with someone you are going out with. The only problem is that friends can hurt you more. relationships come and go but friends will stay with you forever. It's good to always be there for friends and stuff but you should never lose sight of yourself. Something I've done many a time.

xx

8:28 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

By the way, I'm attempting to read Tristram Shandy at the moment- along with trying to finish House of Leaves- what a headfuck!!

xx

8:33 AM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

Tristram Shandy isn't so much a test, where's your staying power! House of Leaves? Hmmm, you could learn more about that style of writing from reading just Chapter 3 of Despair by Vladimir Nabokov, Flann O'Brien's At-swim-two-birds, or Italo Calvino's If on a winter's night a traveler...

House of Leaves was really a very very overrated book.

Keep going, don't give up!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

My children...before my children I would have said something along the lines as a good book and perhaps would have been able to name one. Also rollarblading as it was one of my many loves back then. It has been a long time since a book has inspired me to finish it.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I should have also included the 241 acre lake in my backyard. I love taking the boat out, wither taking people out tubbing, going tubbing or wakeboarding myself, or just enjoying the sunset and a swim on a hot summers evening.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home