Wednesday, March 02, 2005

If You Let Me Stay

We finally completed the paperwork for my application to reside in the USA today. We had a celebration at Huey's, toasting with Diet Cokes and burgers the fact that I do not have syphilis, gonorrhea, or HIV/AIDS. My lungs also appear to be normal, but I do have a number of chickenpox scars. Other than that, I should prove a fine catch for the nation. Yes, you guessed it, the results of my INS physical examination came back today.


I had the desperate urge to shout "I am NORMAL! I am HEALTHY! I don't have AIDS!" as we drove through the afternoon traffic.

A happy day.

9 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I'm so happy to hear you're healthy!!

A toast: To a healthy man with a great sense of humor!

Sleep well tonight...

6:18 PM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

Thank you. I am sure my blood pressure will return to normal now I am not having to deal with the nightmare scenario of an early return to Tony Blair's Britain.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I knew they were wrong when they sang this song (http://lyrical.nl/song/30786) in the movie Team America.

Congrats on the clean bill of health. Nothing but good news this week, eh?

11:51 PM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

i've never heard of team america, should i take a chance and download some? hmmm, what if it's heavy metal and makes me feel sad?

time to flip a coin...

12:02 AM  
Blogger anan said...

soooo.... you feel safer in Bush's America than you would in Blair's England?

*runs away, ducking*

1:03 AM  
Blogger Claypot said...

You utter bastard. Now I will have that awful TTD song in my head all day long.

But glad to hear you are healthy.

2:32 AM  
Blogger focustest said...

so the usa will be home now, good luck. a post card sent from Bulgaria, not sure of the postal service. did my knee in skiing.

3:04 AM  
Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

Hooray!

12:37 PM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

in answer to Anan, i was in England in 1997, when the Tories were finally kicked out of office. i was at university and we partied outside our student buildings, stuck up Tony Blair cuttings, and got wild. we were thrilled. to have that turn into this, to have all that optimism turn sour, to wind up with The Tories AGAIN in all but name, Thatcher with a Smaller Penis, that hurts.

i would rather be here x 1000

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home