Friday, June 10, 2005

Whoops, someone asked to be insulted...

This is fun, from the comments on the indymedia nuclear waste story Hannah wrote.

A dummy commented

"I was there, only 7 people where there and look pretty uneducated. We need better people on this site that can express there views and values better."

I replied,

"Look pretty uneducated"? Fine, judge people's education by their clothes. Please note, in the very next sentence you use "there views" instead of "their views". I would normally let such mistakes of usage pass, but as you're on the look out for uneducated people, I've found one - you.

5 Comments:

Blogger L said...

ooh! comment catfight! I think you obviously win that one :)

11:24 PM  
Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

Don't forget - only 7 people "where" there!

1:34 PM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

yes, you're right. jeez, how excruciatingly stupid. they seem to have deleted their original comment in shame after my reply

6:40 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Don't forget the absence of the past tense in look ... instead of looked. :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

Indeed. This sentence contains someone's entire range of linguistic inadequacies, I'm sure there's still more to find!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home