Friday, October 07, 2005

First Lines...

It is a disappointing week. Mostly because of my Head Aching and my Stomach being strange. I find it harder to accomplish anything under these conditions.

On a lighter note, I saw this posted on a Creative Writing website, requiring feedback. It is the first sentence of someone's projected novel. Which version do you prefer?

Hannah McGinty desperately pushed open the back door, dropping the groceries on the floor, she vomited in the mudroom sink.

or

Hannah McGinty desperately pushed the back door open, dropped the grocery bags on the floor and vomited ing the mudroom sink

2 Comments:

Blogger Claypot said...

Both dreadful? Not to mention grammatically skew-whiff.

12:57 AM  
Blogger L said...

I prefer: "It was a dark and stormy night."

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home