Tuesday, December 06, 2005

One year in America

Yes. It is one year precisely since I arrived in New York from Dublin. Tomorrow it will be one year since I came to Memphis.

Perhaps I will have some celebratory Pop Tarts or Waffles... but then, maybe these Pop Tarts or Waffles will be tinged with sadness, because it is also a year since I have seen a lot of my friends and family. So for that reason, today I am going to quote the names of the people back home to recognise that they are very much in my daily thoughts

Tom, Scarlett, Leo, Hari, Heiko, Andrew, Jenny, Amy, Amy#2, Alasdair, Alice, Chris P, Sean, Martin (although you appear incapable of replying to an email), Simon, Dad, Kirk, Joanne, and all the nieces and nephews. I miss you all.

I feel like doing a satellite link, Hollywood Hills behind me, with orange suntan, delivering a goodwill message to you this Christmas, "Of course, it breaks my heart not to be there in Britain, paying sky high taxes and freezing my balls off this Christmas. But while I tough it out in the hot-tub, be sure that I'll be thinking of you all, and wishing you a merry merry Christmas, and that, should you not perish from exposure during the course of the season, a happy, highly-taxed, and profitable New Year, for both yourselves and the Chancellor... I have to go now, the tequila won't drink itself and the hot-tub party is about to start. Stay happy!"

1 Comments:

Blogger HF said...

I salute you, Mr. Kennedy! Take the country away from God and make it your own!

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home