Friday, October 20, 2006

I am going to be published...

by Granta , in an anthology of new writing, and on the British Council’s New Writing website. In June 2007. I returned from fifteen hours on various chicken buses, visa renewed, and there was an email.

New Writing 15

I am delighted to inform you that your Short story entitled The Sandwich Factory has been selected by the editors Bernardine Evaristo and Maggie Gee for inclusion in New Writing 15.

Please expect to hear from Granta should they have any copy-editing queries for you, and expect also to receive page proofs directly from them. This will be for a final check and they will ask that you only make changes that are absolutely essential.

We will be sending your contract and invoice for completion shortly.

Isn’t that good news for me? Now when I say I am a writer and the question comes back about being published, I can say, “Oh yes” etc.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natienka said...

Hmmm.. I guess that is more than great, that's fantastic ;)
Read some New Writing lately..

funny, how, looking for Pope's poem for my literature exam on Friday I got here..

..I'll try to keep record of your stuff. Cherio!

5:14 PM  
Blogger kingfelix said...

thanks natienka. and good luck with your exam, the reverence for Pope's brilliant rhyming couplets is well-documented on my blog.

just beautiful.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home